Pyke & Associates, P.C. is here to help veterans and their family members who need access to benefits. Veterans have earned many different perks due to their service and access to programs can become increasingly important as you age or develop health issues. Getting the benefits you are owed can be complicated; many vets aren’t even aware of all the assistance they can qualify for. We can help.
If you need assistance with veterans’ benefits in Atlanta, Georgia, call Pkye & Associates, P.C. today at 770-507-2500. A member of our legal team will offer you a personalized assessment of your eligibility for benefits and will help you to move forward with the application process. We can also answer any general questions about veterans’ benefits that you may have including:
- What are some of the different kinds of veteran’s benefits available?
- What should I do if I am a veteran who is in need of benefits?
- How can an Atlanta, GA veteran’s benefits lawyer help?
What are Some of the Different Kinds of Veteran’s Benefits Available?
Most veterans are aware they get access to healthcare benefits, including medical screenings and diagnostic services. Many vets and their families also know of the pensions which are provided based on the length of your service.
However, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to programs and services available to veterans. There are disability benefits for vets of all ages who have service-connected health issues, and there are also a host of special programs for elderly vets who begin to have health problems, no matter what the cause.
Whether you have a specific illness you need care for or are simply impaired by the natural affects of aging, some of the different programs which you could potentially take advantage of as a veteran include:
- Aid & attendance benefits, which increase pension funds for bedridden vets and certain other veterans requiring medical care.
- Medical foster homes, which provide assistance for vets who temporarily need help meeting their medical needs.
- Adult daycare services, which can help aging seniors to stay out of nursing homes longer by providing activities and assistance with routine acts of daily living.
- Nursing home services, including a place in a VA home or a community nursing home.
Some services are free, or come at a very low cost to vets and their families. Others require you to pay some portion of costs, depending upon income level. Your service record, health status, and financial status are all going to dictate what types of benefits can be provided to you.
What Should Veterans Do If They Need Help?
Veterans who need help can turn to a trusted legal advocate at Pyke & Associates, P.C. Our attorneys are proud to provide assistance to veterans in:
- Evaluating all benefits for which you could be eligible based on your service record, health status, income, and family resources. There are many different benefits not just for vets, but also for their families. For example, caregivers can be eligible for respite care so they can have some time to themselves.
- Submitting an application for appropriate benefits programs. If you want to apply for benefits, you need to make sure you have a detailed and comprehensive application which showcases your eligibility. We can help you to ensure your application is complete and includes all supporting documentation.
- Navigating the bureaucracy. The VA is, unfortunately, struggling with issues including outdated computer systems and long waiting lists for certain kinds of patient healthcare services. There are ways to navigate the bureaucracy and try to move your application through quickly, but you need a professional advocate to help.
- Dealing with denials. If you are refused access to any benefits which you should be entitled to, we can help to determine what went wrong and what recourse you have.
These are just a few of the many different reasons why veterans who need help should reach out to a professional legal advocate at Pyke & Associates, P.C.
How can an Atlanta, GA Veteran’s Benefits Lawyer Help?
Georgia veteran’s benefits lawyers at Pyke & Associates, P.C. have a long track record of helping clients in Atlanta, Stockbridge, Peachtree City, and surrounding areas. When you need assistance in getting veteran’s benefits for yourself or for someone you care about, our attorneys will work hard and fight for your rights. Give us a call at 770-507-2500 or contact us online to learn more.