Do you know what your legacy will be if you leave the world tomorrow? Anyone could experience an illness or an injury at any time that leaves them unable to act on their own behalf or that results in their death. While no one likes to think about passing away or becoming incapacitated, you should have a plan in place just in case in order to protect your family and to secure your legacy.
Pyke & Associates, P.C. will help you to take control over your destiny. Our Atlanta legacy planning lawyers will work closely with you to discuss your goals for the future and to create a comprehensive legacy plan. We can help you to secure your legacy no matter how much money you have or what your assets are. The sooner you turn to us, the more assistance we can provide you in making sure your goals are accomplished.
Give us a call now at 770-507-2500 to schedule a consultation and find out about your personalized legacy planning process. We can also provide answers to general questions including:
- What does legacy planning involve?
- Who needs a legacy plan?
- How can an Atlanta legacy planning lawyer help you?
What Does Legacy Planning Involve?
Legacy planning, first and foremost, involves setting goals. As you think about what type of mark you want to leave on the world, you can define your dreams. You may want to pay for college for your children or grandchildren; leave behind a business that lasts long after you are gone; pass on a family farm; or give money to charity. You may want to do all of these things and many more.
Once you have defined your goals, the next phase in legacy planning involves taking concrete steps to achieve them. This can mean:
- Building your business, structuring ownership of your business so it can survive beyond you, and creating a business succession plan so your company can transfer seamlessly to new owners.
- Protecting your family farm and ensuring no land has to be sold due to high estate taxes.
- Setting savings goals so you can put aside enough money to build a nest egg that can provide for your family after you are gone.
- Using asset protection methods to ensure no money or property is lost because you need nursing home care, as a result of estate taxes, or as a result of problems heirs may have like bankruptcy, divorce, or creditors.
- Establishing a charitable foundation or a charitable remainder trust so you can maximize the value of any contributions you wish to make to causes that matter in your life.
These are just a few of the many different steps which are commonly a part of a legacy plan. When you have established your goals with the help of an Atlanta legacy planning lawyer at Pyke & Associates, P.C., we will give you advice on the different steps to take and the legal tools you can make use of to achieve your dreams.
Who Needs a Legacy Plan?
Everyone should have a legacy plan in place. It is a common misconception that only the wealthy really need to plan for their legacies, or that only senior citizens must worry about how to protect their assets and their heirs. These myths could not be further from the truth.
There is always a risk that something could happen to you, even if you are younger. You don’t want your family fighting if you pass away unexpectedly and have left no instructions for your assets. Creating a legacy plan when you are young just makes sense to avoid potential problems which could arise with no plan in place. Even if everything works out and you live to old age, having your plan in place early on will help you to achieve more of your goals.
Creating your legacy plan can allow you much more control over your own destiny. Your plan can give you the ability to care for the people in your life and to support the causes that matter. These are things that should be a primary concern for people of all ages.
How can an Atlanta Legacy Planning Lawyer Help?
Pyke & Associates, P.C. provides assistance with legacy planning to clients in Atlanta, Peachtree City, Stockbridge, and surrounding areas throughout Georgia. When you are ready to take control over your destiny, set goals, establish a process for achieving those goals, and shape your legacy, we are here to help. Give us a call at 770-507-2500 or contact us online to learn how we can help you to leave your mark on the world.